Monday, May 27, 2013

Freshlook colorblends pure hazel review

Hazel eyes:-
Hazel eyes often appear to shift in color from a brown to a green. Although hazel mostly consists of brown and green, the dominant color in the eye can either be brown/gold or green.


One such celebrity with hazel eyes is Demi Moore.


I love how her eyes appear green yet brown at certain times and angles. I've heard she has heterochromia, meaning she has 2 different eye colors. I read somewhere that either her right or left eye is green and the other is pure hazel! HOW unique is that?!

I've been searching for a colored lens that can give me the Demi Moore's eyes look! I honestly hoped that I could get them through Freshlook Colorblends Pure Hazel.

Surprisingly, the lenses as you can see has a tinge of "yellow", brown and light grey (at the limbal rings) and I was so excited when I saw it. I feel that YES, these pair of colored lens will give me the pure hazelness which I am seeking all this while... (green + light brown) where it looks brown but green on certain angle.

My opinion, the color is a bit too dark green and appears brown in most of the pictures taken. Its not really a Demi Moore's kinda light pure hazel, more towards to a darker greenish, but looks brown in picutres kind - Get my drift? Hahahah...

Here's a close up!

Though my friends commented that I looked awesome in these lenses and most of them said that it looks green, however pictures turned out to be more brown and it is not that obvious. So if you want to have a colored changed to your dark eyes without being too BOLD, this colored will suit you perfectly well.


My reviews:
COMFORT (7/10)
Today I wore it for more than 9 hours! My eyes get dry and irritated at about the 8 hours mark! It is comfortable but I honestly feel that GEO lenses are FAR more comfortable compared to Freshlook.

I LOVE Geo Lens. It feels like there's nothing in your eyes. Somehow, Freshlook colorblends make me feel a slight discomfort, not that I mind, but for comfort wise, I feel Geo Lens beats it hands down!

COLOR/DESIGN (6.5/10):
Not to excited about the colors, though I wish it was a bit lighter. Its very safe to go out for work. At night, you won't even notice it, because its so dark. So if you want to camwhore with these colored lens, it won't do you much justice I guessed...

And no, these lenses doesn't not enlarged your pupils' eyes. So yeah. I was so looking forward to use these lenses but in the end, I was slightly disappointed. Was hoping to get a much lighter, natural looking pure hazel colored lens. 

I sincerely hoped that one day, I could find them! 

I do noticed that some users have good reviews, probably because their eyes are very light in color to start off with. Mine is really dark brown, almost close to black!


With a lot of light, and probably a good camera, you can see the "brown" lens captured. Otherwise, its very dark from a distance and not that noticeable.

1 comment:

  1. hey nice and detailed blog!
    wondering where u buy the contacts? got a pretty cheap online seller to recommend tho :P"

    ReplyDelete